Reporting to the Associate Director Vice- Chancellor Research Training and Development, the Director Research Training Services leads a distributed team to provide Research Training services across RMIT for Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates, their supervisors and other stakeholders including schools and colleges research training leadership staff, particularly those staff performing HDR Delegated Authority roles in schools, and professional staff.
The Director supports the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research Training and Developing in the overall operation of the School of Graduate Research and working closely with the Senior Manager Strategy and Policy in the development and execution of strategic initiatives. The Director also provides advice on profile and fee setting working closely with the Colleges, Recruitment, and Finance. The role is responsible for managing a scholarship stipend budget of over $25 million.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have:
1. A proven track record in leading, motivating and developing a high-performing team.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary research management practices.
3. Experience in and knowledge of university administrative processes and management tools to support HDR.
4. Understanding of governance and regulatory compliance requirements relative to the RMIT university research activities.
5. High level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills together with excellent communication skills.
6. A proven track record in the operational management of a large team/function, including financial, infrastructure and employee management.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the Portfolio
RMIT’s Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers to help shape the world. The portfolio has an engaged, energetic, talented, and collaborative team focused on enabling excellent research and innovation outcomes. With a global presence, community, and industry connections, we support cutting-edge research and careers that make a positive impact on communities.
The Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers and graduate researchers with research partnerships, grants and research contracts, funding opportunities, capability development, research training, ethics and integrity, intellectual property, commercialisation, internships, communication, and profile.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link at the top of this page.