ACGR is delighted to present the another of its national programs specifically designed to support Associate and/or Deputy Deans of Graduate Research, HDR Directors or equivalent and other academics aspiring to senior graduate research portfolio roles.
Participants may include:
• DDOGS™ new to the role in 2021, and
• Associate/Deputy Deans of Graduate Studies (or equivalent) responsible at institutional or faculty/college level
• Others with aspirations for these roles and current involvement in Graduate Research leadership at school or department level
The program, convened via Zoom on Thursday August 19, will be facilitated by experienced DDOGS and participants will develop a toolkit of knowledge and skills required to lead and manage graduate research programs at institutional or faculty/college level.
Acknowledging the impact of the current pandemic and the increased demands on graduate research leadership across our universities, this program will provide a unique opportunity to learn from leaders in the field and focus on network building, providing an opportunity to mix and mingle (virtually) with current Deans and Directors from across Australia.
Topics covered in this highly interactive program will include:
- Graduate Research in Australia – context and national priorities
- DDOGS – what they do and how
- Authority and Advocacy – how to approach it
- Handling difficult situations
- Respectful research training
This program is provided free of charge to members of the Australian Council of Graduate Research and two places only are available to each member institution. Individuals registering without endorsement from the Dean/PVC or equivalent from their university will be declined. A total of 60 registrations are available so please register now.