The Australian Council for Graduate Research (ACGR) is pleased to announce the introduction of a new Award for Excellence in Graduate Research Programs and Support in 2023.
The new award will recognise outstanding service in the provision of a high-quality environment for graduate research students or staff through positive and engaging experiences.
This initiative complements ACGR’s existing suite of annual awards that celebrate excellence across the various aspects of Graduate Research.
Since 2017 ACGR has proudly presented a suite of Awards for Excellence in Graduate Research Education to publicly promote quality in higher degree research:
- Excellence in Graduate Research Supervision, sponsored by ResearchMaster;
- Excellence in Graduate Research Leadership; sponsored by Epigeum
- Excellence in Promoting Industry Engagement in Graduate Research; and now:
- Excellence in Graduate Research Programs and Support,
This new initiative acknowledges the contributions that both professional and academic staff make through the design and delivery of transformational engagement or support programs or services in graduate research education.
Nominees must demonstrate their provision of outstanding support for graduate research education across their institution and/or the design, development and implementation of a new initiative or support service.
When considering nominations, the Judging Panel will consider documented evidence of:
- new initiatives that have enabled the development of strong and supportive; communities of HDR candidates or innovative research training programs; or
- outstanding service to HDR candidates and supervisory staff with clear impacts or benefits to the graduate research community; or
- changes or improvements to work practices that impact HDR candidates/programs; or
- projects or initiatives that promote HDR candidates and programs beyond the University.
Nominations for the 2023 Excellence in Graduate Research Programs and Support Award will open in December 2022 alongside the other three award categories.